Riding the Vaparetto
We decided today was time for a little relaxing. Instead of walking all over the city, we rode the canals in the Vaparetto. I just wanted to enjoy Venice, and this was a perfect way to do it. (Plus, it got us out of the rain which has been falling since we got here.)
The houses/buildings really do intrigue me. You can tell where the separation between buildings is. Each house is individual. It has its own color, its own window style, its own roof height. Sometimes one will stick out from the line-up. Sometimes one will fall back.
But, with the exception of a street running through here or there, they all touch each other. They all share a wall. They all lean on each other. Terri wanted to keep riding the boat, so we decided to do dinner on our own and meet up
later at the hotel. So, I took off in the pouring rain. I wandred around the streets and the Rialto shopping, and went in around six to put some things in the hotel room and do some laundry. Around 7:30 I went back out to see St. Mark's at night. Because of the rain, there really wasn't very many people out and about. No ensembles were playing for diners in the square, but I did get to see the square and canals lit up with the street lanterns.
No comments:
Post a Comment